The Topside Umbilical Termination Assembly (TUTA) provides the interface between the main umbilical and the topside control equipment. The unit is a free standing enclosure that can be bolted or welded in a location adjacent to the umbilical hang-off in a hazardous exposed environment onboard the topside facility. These units are usually tailor-made to customer requirements with a view to hydraulic, pneumatic, power, signal, fiber optic, and material selection.
The TUTA usually incorporates electrical junction boxes for the electrical power and communication cables, as well as tube work, gauges, and block and bleed valves for the appropriate hydraulic and chemical supplies.
FMC's TUTA features:
- Hydraulic, chemical and electrical terminations
- Bulkhead plate interface for hydraulic and chemical terminations
- Isolation, block, and bleed valves provided for all hydraulic and chemical lines
- Connections for power and communication electric quads
- Connections for hydraulic/chemical circuit lines up to 15K psi Optional isolation and monitoring