FMC Technologies' compact ball valves are manufactured from quality materials to enhance the total installed value to the customer. All the pressure containing components are manufactured using materials that are fully traceable and Charpy impact tested to assure material performance at stated condition.
- Valve body, bonnet and retainer made from AISI 4130 alloy steel standard; exotic materials available upon request (75 ksi min yld; otherwise reduced working pressure)
- Valve bore sized to closely match the pipe bore to reduce turbulence
- Ball valve seat carriers incorporate a unidirectional seal to ensure that the seals will not "upstream seal", causing increased valve stem torque
- FMC ball valves utilize a seat design that increases the seat bearing area between the ball and seat as differential pressure is increased to give the lowest possible torque at a given pressure
- Ball valve seat acts as a sealing element and a spring to reduce part count and increase reliability