Piggable transfer systems are primarily used to clean the wall of the pipe after transferring a liquid product. Two pipes from Point A to Point B anywhere in the plant can be reduced to a single pipe if pigging technology is deployed. Thus piggable system helps plant operator save construction cost in building pipelines as well as transfer multiple products in a single pipe line without cross contamination.
FMC pigging systems ensures residual oil inside the pipe line to almost zero percent and enables the operator to transfer various products without generating slop oil. It significantly helps to recover the valuable products and raw material being downgraded to waste oil (or) low grade product. Increased demands for high quality products, flexibility to produce various products at one plant with minimized inventory and rigid environmental regulations warrant the need for high quality piggable transfer system designed by FMC Technologies.
We offer high quality closed pigging system for safety and environment cleanliness. Our system functions to clean the wall of a pipe after the transfer of a product and completely eliminates any liquid (or) hydrocarbon spillage in the plant. A closed system is fully automated and controls the pigging sequence by monitoring the location of the pig in the line. Entire system is automated through local control panel or Distributed Control System (DCS). Elements instrumental to piggable transfer systems include:
FMC Bidirectional Pigs
|Working like a cleaning element by passing through the line in a tight fit, pig ensures that all residual material is removed and recovered. FMC offers pigs made in different materials to meet your various process applications.
FMC installs several different piggable valves:
- Head Line Distribution Valve (HLDV) located at both ends of the line, is the launching/receiving ground of the pig. It consists of a piggable body, a ball valve, two magento inductive sensors to detect the pigs through the piggable body, and an air inject used to propel the pigs.
- In-Line Distribution Valve (ILDV) uses the same components as the HLDV but is mounted in the line rather than the end of the line.
- Three Way Valve allows the transfer of products between each of three lines.
- Multi Directional Valves enable any one-way inlet to be connected to any outlet.
Automatic or Manual Piggable Manifolds
Piggable manifolds are a safe alternative to hose manifolds which are prone to spills and often require heavy lifting of hoses to make connections. FMC's proprietary "XP manifold" or "Multi Directional Manifold" ensures multiple piggable connections between incoming and outgoing lines. That means there is no product left in the line at the disconnection and they provide a safer, cleaner working environment for operators.
Benefits of Piggable Transfer Systems:
- Minimized product loss
- Avoid product contamination and hence increased product quality
- Minimal capital investment in fabrication of pipelines in process plants
- Reduced plot space requirements
- Fully Automated system and hence ease of operation
- Lower Operating cost
- Enhanced safety of plant, personnel
- Improved environment cleanliness